It’s been almost a month since I’ve been in Uganda and I think I’ve adjusted to life here:
- rode the taxi (bus-like van, as mentioned here and correction, the bus can seat 14 passengers uncomfortably, not 11) all by myself! And I can tell the driver where my non-marked stop is. This is exciting stuff.
- bargained with a boda (motorcycle taxi) driver over the price of a ride. I knew he was charging me a mzungu (foreigner) price. Success!
- went two days without matoke (plantains) and I started craving them. They are a staple food! I should have them in at least one meal a day.
- line-drying my clothes like a boss.
- watched the local news. I’m trying to be better informed!
- trying to say “weebale” (“thank you”) every chance I get.